ad

Friday, September 9, 2011

No straps

I know clutches are the statement making thing now, although I'm not quite sure what the statement is actually. I honestly don't really understand the clutch. It's so tiny. It doesn't fit anything. I suppose it's only meant for parties where you aren't supposed to carry your entire life with you but a lighter chicer version of it. But it's the size that throws me off. It's so frickin' small. My wallet is bigger than some of the clutches I've seen, and I absolutely need all the contents of my wallet wherever I go. Also, what's the difference between a clutch and a smaller bag with a strap attached to it to go over your shoulders? They're both small and fit nothing. And a wristlet? Is that just a clutch small bag thingy with a loopy thing attached to it. Its still small. The clutch does not fit my lifestyle and I cannot seem to accept it, even though its been so long since its, uh, popularized. So with this many complaints against the bag small, I've decided to never invest in one as it will simply sit there unused in my closet.

But all of this does not explain my desire for this particular handbag. Its essentially still a clutch, where there is no strap to dangle the bag from my arms, so I'd have to 'clutch' the bag in my palms in order to carry it around. The difference is, its bigger at 24 by 36 cm. So it does fit my life, and my wallet. Its still a clutch, but one that fits my life. Or its a fancy and expensive file folder, whichever way you want to see it. I like it either way.

No comments: